About the Role
GET SAFE's Advocacy and Training Specialists (ATSs) provide services and support to Consumers with developmental disabilities who are registered with the California State Regional Center system. ATS staff are responsible for assessing and responding to the areas of a consumer’s life where advocacy and assistance is needed. The ATS will rely on the tenets of the training curriculum and supplement with a flexible mindset and attention to detail to find creative solutions that ensure training goals and deadlines are met. Interactions with Consumers and families are in‐person and through phone interaction.
• Hours fluctuate weekly based on the frequency of Consumer meetings.
• Availability preference: You can make your own schedule! Noon-6pm is preferred.
• Access to a reliable vehicle and able to drive to Consumer locations. Mileage is reimbursed.
• No medical or dental benefits are offered at this time. Has the ability to move to full-time with benefits.
• Willingness to provide in-person services (Personal Protective Equipment is provided).
• Complete administrative tasks related to training sessions (e.g., scheduling, case tracking, detailed note taking, review of case documents, etc.)
• Conduct assessments of Consumer’s presenting needs.
• Prepare action plans for Consumer development.
• Provide training in different safety-related topic areas.
• Extensive writing including status updates and follow-up reports.
• Maintain frequent and regular communication with Program Supervisor and Administrative Support Team.
• Adhere to all company and state regulations.
Belief in our mission and in the importance of being an agent of change
Demonstrated patience, professionalism, reliability, good decision-making skills, and good judgment.
Exhibit a positive attitude in their work and have a willingness to learn.
A team player who is self-motivated to help, with a flexible, problem-solving mindset
BA/BS Degree or 1-2 years of equivalent work experience preferred (criminal justice, social work, human services, etc.).
Must be Covid-19 fully vaccinated and boosted.
Experience working with individuals diagnosed with a developmental and/or intellectual disability.
Experience in delivering training and instruction.
Experience with client documentation and billing.
Ability to write and speak English and Spanish preferred.
Excellent verbal and written skills.
Valid CA driver's license and access to personal vehicle in a work capacity.
About the Company
GET SAFE is a private, community-based agency focused on changing the lives of all people and ages by providing personal safety education and self-defense training. Our approach to serving others is unique in that we leverage our personalities to deliver often sensitive subject matter. By using highly engaging teaching methods and strategies, we break down the communication barriers related to violence prevention, crisis intervention, and recovery. We have been recognized by the communities we serve, and our brand stands by the people that support us. We hire only the best because our agency is as amazing as the people we serve.