About the Role
Join GET SAFE as an Advocacy and Training Specialist (ATS) to make a meaningful impact in the lives of individuals with intellectual and/or developmental disabilities. Our ATS team provides essential education and support to empower clients to enhance their personal safety skills and develop healthy relationships. As an ATS, you'll use our training curriculum as a foundation, while applying creativity and flexibility to meet training goals and objectives. This role involves local travel for in-person interactions with clients and families.
• Conduct comprehensive client assessments and create personalized training plans.
• Deliver safety-related training to individuals and groups of individuals with intellectual and/or developmental disabilities.
• Manage administrative tasks associated with training sessions, including scheduling, note-taking, and report compilation.
• Maintain regular communication with Program Supervisor and Administrative Support Team.
• Flexibility: Design your own schedule, preferably from noon to 6pm.
• Variable Hours: Weekly hours vary based on client meetings frequency.
• Part-Time with Potential: Begin as a part-time staff member with the opportunity to transition to full-time (full-time staff eligible for medical, dental, and other benefits).
• In-Person Services: Willingness to drive to provide in-person services at the client's home or at facilities serving this population (day centers, etc.); Personal Protective Equipment provided.
Strong alignment with GET SAFE's mission and commitment to driving positive change.
Display a positive attitude, a proactive approach to learning, patience, flexibility, professionalism, and teamwork.
Bachelor's degree (BA/BS) or 1-2 years equivalent work experience, preferably in social work, psychology, criminal justice, human services, etc.
Experience working with individuals diagnosed with developmental and/or intellectual disabilities.
Proficiency in delivering training and instructions.
Familiarity with client documentation and billing processes.
Strong English language skills; Spanish proficiency preferred; knowledge of other languages is advantageous.
Comfortable with computer tools and software.
Fully vaccinated and boosted against Covid-19.
Possession of a valid CA driver's license and access to a personal vehicle for work.
Join our team at GET SAFE to make a difference while enjoying a flexible schedule, valuable training experience, and the opportunity to positively impact the lives of individuals with intellectual and/or developmental disabilities. Apply today and be a part of our mission-driven community.
About the Company
GET SAFE is a private, community-based agency focused on changing the lives of all people and ages by providing personal safety education and self-defense training. Our approach to serving others is unique in that we leverage our personalities to deliver often sensitive subject matter. By using highly engaging teaching methods and strategies, we break down the communication barriers related to violence prevention, crisis intervention, and recovery. We have been recognized by the communities we serve, and our brand stands by the people that support us. We hire only the best because our agency is as amazing as the people we serve.